Mechanical Design Engineer
Foreign company is looking for Mechanical Engineer. This work is based on permanent employment condition in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Sakhalin 2 project). Company provides employee and his family mobilization to the project and other good social benefits.
To provide mechanical expertise including:
• Identify the mechanical content of a scope of work and plan the execution of the work required to complete that scope.
• Participate in discussions regarding estimates, resources, man power allocation and survey time required to enable a plan to be produced.
• Assist in the mechanical layout of equipment. If necessary, go offshore to verify layouts.
• Produce data sheets, specifications, schedules and requisitions necessary for the purchase of mechanical equipment.
• Assist in the Technical Bid Evaluation of mechanical items.
• Ability to work and deliver projects to a tight time schedule.
Technical / Business Skills:
• Mechanical engineering skills as per basic functions;
• Awareness/understanding of other disciplines including project management to enable proactive discussions regarding cost/time/resource issues.
• The candidate will be keen to learn, will be motivated to improve self and to accept tuition from senior team members;
• Good oral and written communication, will be required;
• The candidate will be able to operate as part of a small team, will demonstrate good safety awareness, and will have a good command of the English language.
Business & Industry Experience:
The candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience of a mechanical engineering environment preferably in the oil & gas industry, although experience in other related industries such as petro-chemicals, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, marine etc. would be considered.
• A degree or local equivalent in mechanical engineering is mandatory.
• A second degree in another engineering subject or project management would be an advantage.